AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can understand why speakers are included in lower-price sets because many of these people use the TVs speakers, but I find myself wondering why the higher-end sets all have them. Surely almost all the buyers of higher-end 1080p sets have home theatre systems to handle the audio.

Admittedly the audio components are only a minor fraction of the cost, but the price saving would make a difference in this competitive market and probably more important would lower weight and heat load.

·
Registered
16,269 Posts
Just to watch the news, it seems silly to have to turn on my whole audio system. IMO, TV speakers are an important convenience.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well, I don't think that it's true that 100% of people who spend $1,800 and upwards have home theater. It might be 2/3 but not 100. And if you were selling a TV without sound, I think people would just look at you and think you were nuts. It would be like selling a Mercedes without a radio because you figured that your buyers would install their own. Maybe they will, but you need to put something there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.