Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to center the red raster on my 1208. Using HTPC [email protected]

Electronic raster is set at midpoint. When I use the vertical raster shift pot to lower it, the raster bottom turns into lines rather than remaining a solid raster pattern.

Here's a link to a pict. Elsewhere in that folder is a pict of the green taken at the same time. The green does not suffer from this....

link to image

any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry bout the pict, but flash washes it out.

Kenny, only the red is suffering from this. It's also a bear to focus, but I thought I'd start over with a complete recentering with the lenses off.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Sorry, just read your post again and realized green & blue are not doing it.

If you swap the green and red BNC connectors at the pj, does the problem shift to the green tube, or stay on the red?

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
This seems to be an issue with the 7621127 vertical board. I _THINK_ I have a spare. Rob, can you confirm that this is the right board number?

Note to all: this was a 1208 sold by me that got badly dropped in transit, sheared off all three CRT sockets from the boards, damaged 2 tubes, blah, blah, so this could be anything..:-(

Curt

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the one! 7621127 vertical board with the raster shift and red/blue vertical size pots on it...

The thrown image ( and the image on the crt face) actually "sags" a bit (bowed) even with all controls set to midpoint. Very difficult to see on the tube face, but quite apparent on screen. Deflection yoke adjustments only helped to level centerline; top and bottom were warped. Also, even with rasters centered pretty well, left/right vertical alignment to green was impossible (I'm centered and square to screen, had plenty of time to make sure of that!).

Focus on edges was non-existant, regardless of technique. Effects of Astig adjustments were very difficult to see for red, but green was quite visible. In fact, green defocused into a blur like expected, but red seemed to defocus just slightly after midpoint focus was lowered to zero! Blue seems like it's ok and will require minimal electronic convergence once aimed.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.