Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

i've got a samsung 42inch widescreen monitor-HD and i can't seem to get the component to work on my ps2

everything else works fine, the x-box, the hd-tuner, everything except the ps2. :(

does anybody have any suggestions on what i should do to get this to work?

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
well, first make sure that the PS2 is set up correctly. When you get the component cables, make sure that you go inside the PS2 menu and turn on the component output. Next, make sure the input on your TV that you have the cables going to accepts a 480i signal, as most PS2 games are 480i with more coming in 480p. I know some TVs have an input that will only accept 480i and another that will only accept 480p, so make sure this is not the case and if so plus the cables into the appropriate input. Other than those 2 things, I can't think of anything else that could be wrong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Another thing is to make sure your cables are in working order. I had a nightmare last month with Monster component cables for the Xbox and PS2. I had the Xbox working fine, then was fiddling around putting the PS2 cables in the back of my receiver. Even thought the cables look high quality, the connection between the RCA cable and the wire is really flimsy, and before I knew it, 4 out of the 6 wires broke. I could unscrew the connectors and see the break. I re-soldered the connections and everything now is great.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by elsidster
Another thing is to make sure your cables are in working order. I had a nightmare last month with Monster component cables for the Xbox and PS2. I had the Xbox working fine, then was fiddling around putting the PS2 cables in the back of my receiver. Even thought the cables look high quality, the connection between the RCA cable and the wire is really flimsy, and before I knew it, 4 out of the 6 wires broke. I could unscrew the connectors and see the break. I re-soldered the connections and everything now is great.
I had the same problem. The rca connections are really tight, so when I went to unplug the cord I guess I broke the connection. I tried re-soldering it but didn't work and got a new set of cables.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ran into the exact same problem trying to hookup my PS2 to the Samsung HLN617W I received on Saturday. It sounds like from dschroll's answer that the problem is that the Samsung DLP's only have one component input that accepts 480i signals; the other two take only 1080i, 720P AND 480p. as I understand I need to hook up the DVD player to the 480i input, I'm precluded from hooking up the Playstation 2 with component. Anyone know if there any such thing as a breakout box or adapter that would allow me to plug both the Playstation 2 and the DVD into the same TV input?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.