AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have and can't get 'real' broadband (I have StarBand), I won't be buying two of them. I do have a home network.

What would be the major incentives? auto Commercial skip I suppose. What else has made a major impact for you upgraders? Or is waiting a better option at this point?

Dave

·
Registered
448 Posts
Other than commercial skip and the ability to potentially dump saved shows from the Replay to your PC, the only things I can think of are lower capacity and reduced stability.

If you have too much money, and just want to spend it on something, donate it to Toys for Tots.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kind of how it looks to me, but I thought maybe I was missing something (I was hoping the stability issue was the other way around!)

·
Registered
742 Posts
But there's a promised upgrade due soon. You might want to wait until we all get it and let you know what it looks like. I have high hopes (and wishful) thinking. Mind you, I wouldn't swap my 2x5040's for anything, even with the few glitches.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The idea of sharing recordings throught the home is brilliant. I think replay has a great thing going. They should offer reduced or free subscriptions on 2nd,3rd,etc. units in a single home. Seems to me to make sense technically and commercially. Incremental sales to the existing customer base. Wouldn't they rather sell $(600 to 900)+250 per customer than $300+250 per (typical) customer?

Dave

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
As I understand it, the hardware is sold below cost and they make up the difference with the activation fee.

They would definately sell more units but at the expense of living in the old "new economy" where so many companies went belly up.

Best,

Matthew in CO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.