AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine this setup using a Toshiba 42H81 42 in. 16X9 TV.
http://home.kscable.com/tcarson2/42incher.jpg

Notes:

I would be using this as a new Directv subscriber(so the extra receiver would be free with activation, then I would get dtv1080)

I already have the ReplayTV(Or your could get a directivo model and send output to svideo on tv)

Leave the Zenith in 1080i mode and let it upconvert everything.

Let the secondary receiver(non dtv1080) be used for recording to the replaytv(or if you prefer the tivo) only

What would be nice but it doesn't seem like the dtv1080 has is a svideo port in, which you could send throught the zenith(from replaytv or tivo) and let upconvert and do it's stretch/zoom thing everyone says is better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is the set up I have. It doesn't fix the problems with the dtv1080 as your post subject suggests. Rather it forces you to add hardware and still doesn't give you access to the "trick plays" that the tivo/replay give you - pause live TV, etc... that I want to be able to use on the one receiver that I would be watching most of the time - the HD one. So for now, I use my old Sony SD DirecTV box connected to my tivo for everyday watching, then switch to my HD box for HD ONLY.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally posted by cjett
still doesn't give you access to the "trick plays" that the tivo/replay give you - pause live TV, etc... that I want to be able to use on the one receiver that I would be watching most of the time - the HD one. .
True. I hadn't thought of that.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.