AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, hope im in the right place here for this Question. Im wondering what my next move should be. Im set with my 50" Plasma, happy with my Paradigm center channel and Denon DVD player. I don't want to afford to upgrade Fronts , 2surrounds, Sub and receiver at the same time. So looking for suggestions on what would be most important/best item to upgrade 1st-2nd-3rd-4th. Currently using Onkyo HTIB with my other 4.1 speakers still the HTIB onkyo speakers/sub. I did the SPL/Rives disc test and wow very ugly on the low end and the upper end. ( don't have curtains on my 2 windows yet, soon though) hope that will help some. Im looking at the 2-3k range for a new receiver( thinking Denon 4306) and 3-4k range for my other 4.1 Paradigm speakers. 45% tv use, 45% dvd/movie use, 10% music use. EDIT=(Looking to do 1 upgrade every 3-4 months) . Thanx for any input !!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, any opinion on weather or not the Sub should or shouldnot come before the fronts ? I do have few but some issues with Dialog. So was just wondering how much that sub could be affecing me ? My room treats (soon) should help also to.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Imo, upgrade the fronts first. You aren't getting a seamless front stage with your current set-up. Dialog issues will be mostly the center channel and room accoustics. If your sub is causing problems with dialog then it is crossed over way too high.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyDart /forum/post/0

Thanks, any opinion on weather or not the Sub should or shouldnot come before the fronts ? I do have few but some issues with Dialog. So was just wondering how much that sub could be affecing me ? My room treats (soon) should help also to.

Your room treatment is likely to be your single most important upgrade.

- Terry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.