AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new so Hello. I need advice on which monitor i should buy and i was told to come here. I need an LCD monitor for playing my xbox 360 on. I am currently playing on a 17 in SDTV and it is pretty bad. I found these two deals on buy.com

http://www.buy.com/prod/ViewSonic_Q1...203520684.html

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...54&dcaid=17654

I know that they are small but i always sit within 6 feet of the tv so it isn't a big deal. I am only 17 and i only mkae like $75 a week so i don't really want to spend more than $300. If you wouldn't recommend either of these, could you recommend something else? thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Both those monitors are fine, but there are other larger options, for instance Viewsonic and Westinghouse make 20 and 22" lcd monitors

20: $250 when on sale

22: $350 when on sale

i can't say anything for the viewsonics, but i do know that the westinghouses have DVI and component and s-video inputs, and look really nice,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks, i think i am going to go with the 20 viewsonic.

Does anyone know anything about mail in rebates? The $30 mail in rebate ends on january 31 and since the items will take 7 to 9 business days to arrive at my house, i may not get the items before the 31st. Will i need to mail the paper in before the 31st or just buy the items before the 31st to qualify for the rebate? this is kind of dumb but i need to know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dell makes some awesome gaming monitors.

I have a 20" 2006 model that I love (I think it is something like Model #20 FPS2006). and I know someone who recently told me he got a 22" 2007 model for under $300.00.

I also purchased a Dell 2007 24" but that was from ebay and was about $650 delivered. It was for use as a display in a tradeshow but it had all kinds of inputs and looked great with DVD video.

You take your chances, but I have had good luck on ebay with Dell monitors, just remember, if it sounds too good to be true... it usually is.

Stick with someone who has lots of positive feedback, and check all of their policies, dont just go for the low price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.