AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mits 55809 widescreen tv with a Progressive scan dvd player. My problem is that when I set the player to prog. scan and watching a movie that has an aspect ratio of 2:35:1, the bar at the top becomes real thin and the bottom bar is extremely thick. When I turn the switch to 480i everything is even again. Anybody know why?

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Which DVD player?

It could be that your DVD player is cropping lines off the top of the image, which shifts the image up or the image is simply not centered on that input of your TV. (at that scan rate.)

At any rate, the image can be re-centered through a service menu, but you can also damage your set so there you go.

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
The Mits 55809 does shift the screen position between 480i component and 480p/480i composite and S-Video inputs (I recommend using S-Video for 480i because of this and bad Y/C delay error with 480i component). However, this shift is only horizontal on the sets I have observed. The vertical shift is likely your DVD player. Philips players are notorious for this, but often have firmware upgrades to correct it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.