AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the DELL 24" Widescreen LCD. Its resolution is 1920 x 1200. I have never owned an LCD like this, but from what I hear it has to stay in that native resolution or it looks bad.

What about when gaming? I know a lot of games, even if they support 16:9, arent going to be 1920x1200. Does this mean the picture quality will suffer when I play lower resolution games?

I am receiving my new LCD tomorrow. I have the 6600GT. Anyone know much on this subject?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Well you do want to keep native res for best results. However, with that 6600GT, it's gonna be tough playing at 1920x1200 in lots of situations I think. From what I understand, the scaling isn't all that bad on the 2405fpw so you might be just fine. The other option is to not allow the monitor to scale and just have a smaller picture with black bars. I also have a 6600GT and have been waiting for the right deal to come along on that 2405 but realize I really gotta get a better video card to utilize it to its fullest. I wouldn't sweat it for now, just see how it goes with various settings.

-Trouble

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Games will look at their best at the native resolution of the monitor but in some cases I have had to run at the 4:3 highest res I could get it at and run it stretched and games still look good.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
This web site has a lot of good information about widescreen gaming:

http://www.tigerdave.com/wgl/

That is a wonderful monitor. Games played at xga will look surprisingly good, but at the native rez they will look amazing. You might want to consider upgrading your videocard. I've seen the 7800GT for under $400...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.