AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 43" Widescreen TV so I set picture size in UTV settings to 16:9.

Last night at the start of West Wing the Letterbox Picture went goofy and basically filled the screen without black bars on bottom and top of screen. The subtitles when the I believe Yiddish was being spoken, were cut off.

I also watched 'Taken' and same problems occured. I changed my TV's picure settings from 'full' to 'fill' and 'smooth wide' and had same problem.

I change UTV picture size to 'standard' 4:3 setting and Letterbox shows were then formatted on my screen properly.

But previous to last night I have never had problems with Letterbox shows with UTV set to 16:9 picture size on a widescreen TV.

Has anyone else with a widescreen TV and UTV encountered this problem?

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
25 Posts
Scott,

I experienced the same set of circumstances last night--fortunately with UTV, I was able to restart from the begining of the subtitles after changing my TV to 16:9--my UTV normally runs at 16:9 and my TV at 4:3 because "she who must be obeyed" doesn't like "letterbox".

After I erased "West Wing", I set the TV back and haven't seen any other problems since.

DDS

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked again and problem persists depending on what channel I tune to, FMC? was ok in afternoon but IFC and Sundance were messed up.

"she who must be obeyed" doesn't like "letterbox".

Well, I watch TV with my German Sheperd, he likes letterbox . 8)

I am sure you have explained the benefits of Letterbox to no avail!

Has she seen an HDTV program? might change her mind about 16:9, Letterbox etc.

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.