AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 65" LG LM6200 TV that I got in December. I was in the market for a new laptop and discovered the whole WIDI capabilities. I bought a Windows 8 laptop and it did not work. I did not do a lot of troubleshooting, I just too easily assumed it was not working (Might have just needed a driver update or something). In any case, I spoke to two reps from LG about it not working. They were not very helpful. I assumed that it would not work with Windows 8 and would work with Windows 7, and these reps confirmed that the update would not work now or in the future with 8. I am doubtful they had any real interest in solving my problem or truly helping.

Has anyone had luck with this TV and WIDI?

And, does it work smoothly?

Appreciate the help

·
Registered
858 Posts
WiDi requires a very specific chain of components to work along with the Intel software stack to make it run. If you don't even have the right driver certified for WiDi it could stop the whole thing working.

Try Intel's support site with it's auto-detect feature for WiDi so the correct software is installed assuming you have a WiDi certified laptop. If that doesn't provide anything (a bad sign) you can manually download the latest versions of the software from Intel's wireless display support section .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question about Widi connection too (regretfully I can not find were I can post new subjects).

I have sony ultrabook duo 13 (Core i5-4200U, HD graphics 4400) with WIDI. My sony tv KDL-42w655 has wifi-direct. With this I can easily mirror my screen to the tv.

Problems:

1. Movies are jaming (not running smooth)

2. You tube movies same story

Questions:

1. Has 1 of the components too less capacity (wifi direct or widi transmitter) and does somebody know what the streaming capacities of these components are?

2. Does it make sence to add a Widi reciever to my TV? Will this setup run 100% smooth with HD movies?

3. If so, what brand should I buy

4. Does it make any difference when my laptop has to recieve via wifi data and has to transmit widi at the same time (does it take too much capacity)

5.Or is it the capicity of my laptop. It is running at 1080x1920, same as my tv.

6. I also experimented with interference of my home wifi signal and the widi signal. Switching off the home wifi, does not make any sence.

7.is the Widi connection technology just a spin off and shlould it developed more to achieve sufficient capacity

I hope somebody can help me with this problem. Collegues of mine face the same problems.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts