Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this just the way the receiver works? Here's what I see happening:

Most of the time, when I've been watching OTA channels and I hit the Guide button on the remote to go back to satellite channels, I get that damn "Acquiring Satellite Signal - Please Wait" message. (Why does it take so long to get the signal anyway? For a 32-bit processor, I find the 6000 to be rather slow)

Last night, when I did this and selected another channel, I got a message "Acquiring Access Rights for This Event"

Seems my reciever has developed multiple personality disorder. Is this something that can be fixed with a software upgrade, or something I'll have to wait for the next greatest receiver? I haven't reported this to Dish yet, thought I'd check with the experts to see if this is just something I have to live with. But it's really annoying.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have the same problem..It is annoying..I found if you go to the brooze button first flip up or down until your at a sat channel, select it, than go to guide, you will have a way around the problem, until it is fixed with a software upgrade, which I heard is being addressed by dish..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.