AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This what I am looking at purchasing....Onkyo 604 with polk RTi4's for LR, the CSi5 for a center. I am still searching for a sub and surrounds and I need suggestions, I know this isn't the sub forum so give me suggestions for surrounds and a sub if you want!!!!! All info is helpful!! The surrounds have to be somewhat small to please the wife!! thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
780 Posts
What the budget? Onkyo is releasing their 2007 products, you might want to look at the 605 instead of the 604. Here is what I have, this works and sounds good for me:

Onkyo TX-SR674 (Silver)

Polk Audio RTi4, CSi3, RM101, Sub: PSW10

I got the sub as part of a free Polk promotion, it's not the best sub (look at SVS or HSU, check the sub forum), but the PSW10 is good enough for me, for now. The rear speakers (RM101) are small book shelf type that can also be wall mounted, but I have them on some stands.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC32 /forum/post/0

This what I am looking at purchasing....Onkyo 604 with polk RTi4's for LR, the CSi5 for a center. I am still searching for a sub and surrounds and I need suggestions, I know this isn't the sub forum so give me suggestions for surrounds and a sub if you want!!!!! All info is helpful!! The surrounds have to be somewhat small to please the wife!! thanks guys!!!

If you are dead set on the Polk's then that is a good choice. However, if you want some other options then go and listen to the ERA Design 4 and Design 3 speakers. They are an outstanding value at their price. You can find a certified dealer near you on their website.

http://www.signalpathint.com/index.p...d=32&Itemid=45

Prices
http://www.goodwinshighend.com/speaker.htm#era

·
Registered
9 Posts
Get this year Onkyo 605. I have mine preordered from an online retailer for 399$ and about 25$ shipped. It was only 30$ more then what the 604 is being listed at, i believe. I don't know the forum rules, so I don't want to tell the online retailer.

New 605 has the new 1.3 HDMI, and supports for the HD audio codec like HD this and that..

·
Registered
473 Posts
$1500 for the package or the speakers? If the latter, I would definitely buy the EPOS 5.1 system, priced right at $1500. http://www.spearitsound.com/epos/epos_els5_1.asp

A few hundred more and get a decent receiver that you can upgrade as you can afford it.

Great speakers, great price.

The CSi5 is a very nice center channel. Don't let anyone tell you different. The RTi4s - less so.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hummm...for a good mid-priced system I'd do this:

Onkyo TX-SR 605 (street $500)

Aperion Intimus 532XD less the S-12 sub ($1130)

Outlaw LFM-1 Plus subwoofer ($500)

The 605 has some improvements over the 604 but probably not a big deal unless you're wanting to get into the HD audio formats.

The Aperions are a real good match, sound great, plus have outstanding fit/finish. There are several speaker options (including towers). The 534-SS sound speakers are a dipole/bipole design and have very good reviews.

The Outlaw sub is a Dr Hsu design very similar to the HSU speakers. It normally goes for $680 but it's on sale until the end of the month for $500. 12", 350W, 18hz.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.