AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I skimmed over previous threads because I hate asking questions that have been asked before, so if this is old stuff, forgive me, I tried.

We've got an EP350 which we think is great. Recently, we had some problems with the remote (or the sensor on the main unit) which caused us to have to hold the remote about a foot from the unit to get it to work (tried the usual stuff, new batteries, etc), then finally contacted Micca support (which is excellent by the way). They said it was a known issue, and gave me an RMA to return, but said it could be 4-6 weeks before I got it back. This was way too long to be without a Micca ... this little black box is like a member of the family. ;-)

So I ordered an EP350 G2 to use in the meantime (I'd been wanting a second one anyway ;-), and in the meantime, the remote on the first one mysteriously started working again. So I guess I'll just keep it around until it starts misbehaving again.

OK, so after all that we get to my questions. First off, I've got a USB wifi adapter on the 350 and wanted to get another for the G2. Only problem is, the one I've got isn't listed on Amazon anymore and I seem to remember some issues here, that the Micca can be fussy about the adapter it uses. I've seen some messages about looking for a particular type of chip, but the Amazon listings usually aren't specific about this. So ... can anyone recommend a USB WiFi adapter that they know for sure works with the G2?

Second question... can anyone tell me if the SD card readers on the EP350 and/or EP350 G2 work with the new SDXC cards?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Find out what chipset is in that USB adpater and then find a model that is identical. I am uncertain about SDXC, the 600 G2 supports 2TB+ HDD's, so it should support 64GB cards. For the 350, I'd contact Micca to double check unless someone chimes in with more info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts