AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not the most tech savy person. Here’s my situation:

I'm moving to a basement apartment that is currently under construction.

I want to view 1080p (possibly even 4k) content from my Mac Mini (latest model) to my Vizio P-Series HDTV in the next room. I’m trying to figure out the best method with the highest resolution while still maintaining a stable connection.

Option 1: Both devices will have a wired Ethernet connection. I could stream video content via wifi from Mac Mini to HDTV using DLNA. Concern: if the stock Vizio Media App freezes, it takes forever to fast-forward video to the place it froze.

Option 2: My apartment hasn’t been sheet-rocked yet so I could easy connect the devices by running an HDMI cord through the walls.

I’m considering the Cabernet Series Active High Speed HDMI® Cable with RedMere® Technology, 40ft from Monoprice. It has a VW-1 in-wall fire safety rating.

Which option would give me the highest resolution with the most stability? Or is there another better option for me to consider?

thanks!

josh

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would go for the HDMI cable too. I would run two cat6 cables between the tv and mac also, if the HDMI cable goes out you can always get hdmi baluns from Monoprice.

John

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yes. Run HDMI, Cat 6 cables, and a hollow conduit to be sure. Run the wires outside the conduit and preserve the conduit for future use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would go for the HDMI cable too. I would run two cat6 cables between the tv and mac also, if the HDMI cable goes out you can always get hdmi baluns from Monoprice.
Yes. Run HDMI, Cat 6 cables, and a hollow conduit to be sure. Run the wires outside the conduit and preserve the conduit for future use.
I'm such a noob. So something like this work work?http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10425&cs_id=1042501&p_id=8008&seq=1&format=2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.