AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the Wii currently not available? I have checking the major retailers for the past month and no one appears to have Wii consoles available.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor06 /forum/post/18203890

Why is the Wii currently not available? I have checking the major retailers for the past month and no one appears to have Wii consoles available.

Cuz they sold like mad during the holidays!

I've overheard employees @ various local retailers say that Wii stuff will start popping back up in March, according to what Nintendo is telling them.

Considering that the 1st half of 2010 looks to be the strongest yet in terms of games coming - both from Nintendo & 3rd party devs/publishers - I assume Wiis will be back in stock everywhere relatively soon.

There also seems to be a shortage of Classic Controllers right now as well.

Some are claiming that Nintendo has been holding back production to create false demand (not the 1st time this accusation has been made) - but looking at the sales digures over the holidays, ot looks more like they just managed to sell just about every console they had currently produced for the US in the course of 2 months.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, it is really crazy. I managed to (actually my wife) snag the last one from GameStop. Target had none, and MicroCenter didn't have any either. Seriously, I can't wait for the games coming out in the first half of 2010. Time to save up some cash!

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Meddler /forum/post/18209344

Yeah, it is really crazy. I managed to (actually my wife) snag the last one from GameStop. Target had none, and MicroCenter didn't have any either. Seriously, I can't wait for the games coming out in the first half of 2010. Time to save up some cash!

Was in a local GameStop yesterday for the TvsC Fight Stick.

This particular store apparently had a few Wiis trickling in, but they were generally flying out the door soon after getting stocked. The employee there was thinking it was 2008 all over again. The store had a call during my transaction asking if Wiis were in stock - the current line from this store is that a "big shipment" was coming in the next 2-3 weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts