AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://wii.ign.com/articles/847/847472p1.html

Well as usual the numbers end up proving a lot of people on here wrong. First people kept insisting people were crazy to get in line for a Wii when it first came out becuase it would be "easy" to find one. Then (and still to this day) people are claiming that everyone buys a Wii for Wii Sports and Nintendo is living off of tricking non-gamers into buying a console and no more games. The article on IGN shows that The Wii did better than BOTH the PS3 and xbox360 for games sold per console sold in December. Eight games were sold for every one console sold.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yea I am not sure why people say there are no good Wii games to get. I have had the Wii for over a year and own about 7 games which is more then I had for my 360 the first year (maybe 3-4). It is a great system to have that I use pretty often.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably have more games for it than I ahd for gamecube. I do admit it doesn't have enough great games, but like you said there still are a lot of fun games.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
is that completely seperate full $50 games??, or does it include the 5 sports games or the 9 games with wiiplay/remote? plus alot of bundles are still being sold. but no matter it still shows the strenght of the Wii brand.

·
Premium Member
24,047 Posts
We just added Carnival and Playground and the replay value on these games seems endless. Just having those and Wii Sports, Mario Party 8, Monkey Ball and Galaxy seem more than enough. Of course we are waiting for the Cart and Smash games to.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's really frustrating that mario kart was supposed to come out last year, then early this year, and now q2. I sure hope it is a great game after this long wait. They all are great so I guess it will be. I didn't exactly like the addition of asecond rider in Double Dash though so I sure hope there isn't something annoying like that in this.

·
Registered
345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/12948549

It's really frustrating that mario kart was supposed to come out last year, then early this year, and now q2. I sure hope it is a great game after this long wait. They all are great so I guess it will be. I didn't exactly like the addition of asecond rider in Double Dash though so I sure hope there isn't something annoying like that in this.

So far, in the few screenshots that have been shown, there's only 1 driver. Also it was said kart is "going back to the basics." Which could imply getting ride of that second rider.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
The new twist on the Wii Mario Kart is reportedly the addition of motorcycles to the mix.

Frankly, I don't think ANY system, relative to its generation's competing systems, had any significant advantage in terms of the number of AAA titles available. This includes the PS2, which everyone always talks about for having a huge library of games, but when the overwhelming majority of that "library" is utter crap, with a handful of B and C-level titles here and there, I don't see that as much of a selling point. But then, I've never really bought more than around six games a year, and I don't have terribly much interest in FPSes, J-RPGs, or realistic racing games, so I guess I'm far from the typical consumer. The Wii has more than enough games from what I want out of it, and frankly I bought it pretty much to feed my unquenchable Smash Bros addiction, so it keeps me satisfied, though I can understand how other people might not feel the same way.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Biggest factor in the 8:1 ratio of games to console for the Wii is that the demographics it appeals to does not care about the quality of games.

The exact ratio is 8.11:1 and for the 360 it is 7.76:1. Its not that far.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not saying it was far ahead though, I am just saying people were wrong who said everyone was going to buy it for wii sports and then forget it exists.

For this year so far all I see that I am "very" likely to buy are mario kart and major league baseball 2k8. And then maybe the don king game if it is rated well.

I am not even sure about smash bros. because somehow I never got into the GC one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts