AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was lucky enough to score the last Wii in a local zellers the other day. Anyways after I bought it, I went to EB games and bought the ASID Wii component cables for $40. When I got home and opened them.... they had burn marks on them and I could see a small bit of the copper wire exposed. I returned them yesterday and swapped for another of the same brand..... the manager opened them up to check the new ones I was getting were fine. I took them home and hooked them up to my projector (Optoma HD 6800//HD72) 720P proj. I searched for the source and still no image..... the audio works through them but I just get a blue screen on the projector and it doesn't find the source. I tried locking the source onto component and still nothing..... I also tried disabling all inputs except for component... still nothing. I have no idea why its not working......

I was wondering if since the wii is set on 480i ... and I can't change it to 480P through composite.... the projector is not picking up the 480i???? I wish I could change it to start up on 480P and the proj. might accept it then... but the option is greyed out when using the RCA cable... obviously.

So im stumped... i doubt its the cables....

Help anyone please!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey there.. try this: Go to a standard definition tv, plug in the (I believe) GREEN component video cable into the YELLOW regular RCA video input on the TV. That way, you should get an image on the screen. Then, you should be able to change, through the Wii settings, the output to 480p. then you can go back to your projector and it should work. i THINK this should work and is what you want to do.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciobar1980 /forum/post/0

Hey there.. try this: Go to a standard definition tv, plug in the (I believe) GREEN component video cable into the YELLOW regular RCA video input on the TV. That way, you should get an image on the screen. Then, you should be able to change, through the Wii settings, the output to 480p. then you can go back to your projector and it should work. i THINK this should work and is what you want to do.

Ya I thought about doing this but I wasn't sure which one would give me video. I'll give it a try when i get home, I hope it works. Thanks!

·
Registered
868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaffendorf /forum/post/0

I was wondering if since the wii is set on 480i ... and I can't change it to 480P through composite.... the projector is not picking up the 480i????

That's weird...your projector apparently not accepting a 480i signal from the Wii when connected to it via component cables. I don't know a whole lot about projector setups but that just seems odd to me; even though the following is apples and oranges, that's sorta like me saying that my fixed-resolution 768p plasma won't properly recognize a 480i signal from my Wii when both are connected to each other via component cables...I know that such isn't the case 'cuz I was able to view the Wii menu at 480i (I knew it was on 480i 'cuz I was switching between 480i and 480p on the fly in the Wii settings) on my plasma via component w/o any abnormal display issues.

Sorry, I know my post wasn't any help at all; like I said, I just find your situation quite interesting and puzzling...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there,

I have an InFocus 76 projector with video compatability that included 480i or 480p. I also use a Psyclone Source Selector that accepts either RCA or component inputs from up to four sources, then it spits it out to my projector via component signal/connection. When I use a set of Mad Catz component cables for Wii, I get an image ONLY on the Wii menu page. As soon as I go into a game or a Wii channel/area, the signal drops. I've tried everything from giving the Wii its own dedicated power source, to switching the allocated input slot to one that i know works for sure (my cable input). I've also tried BOTH video settings on the Wii. Does anyone know what might be causing the issue? or has anyone run into similar issues? I have used the Wii on a normal standard definition television just fine, by the way.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishblimp /forum/post/0

Hey there,

I have an InFocus 76 projector with video compatability that included 480i or 480p. I also use a Psyclone Source Selector that accepts either RCA or component inputs from up to four sources, then it spits it out to my projector via component signal/connection. When I use a set of Mad Catz component cables for Wii, I get an image ONLY on the Wii menu page. As soon as I go into a game or a Wii channel/area, the signal drops. I've tried everything from giving the Wii its own dedicated power source, to switching the allocated input slot to one that i know works for sure (my cable input). I've also tried BOTH video settings on the Wii. Does anyone know what might be causing the issue? or has anyone run into similar issues? I have used the Wii on a normal standard definition television just fine, by the way.

You should temporarily hook the Wii directly into your PJ to eliminate the middle stuff. If it works this way (and I suspect it will), then the problem is probably an incompatibility between the Wii and your Psyclone.

Another thing you might try is to change the Sync Threshold on your InFocus. (I have a 4805 and it has this setting, so I'm guessing your PJ does also.)

-Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.