AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had a Family Wii party, with around 30 participants.

Here is what we found from our research that really made it fun.

I posted on the Wii in HD thread how we hooked up our Wii to our projector for the best quality. (component cables, going into a receiver that upconverts).

We had multiple contests running during the day that all the players voted on.

Most accurate Mii likeness

Best Wii Moves

Big Woman award (family joke)

Pooper award (worst bowler)

Wii Family Bowling Champion

But, the most coveted award was included with the Wii Champion award. I have custom flames on all my Wii controllers so that I don't "lose" my wii controllers. Everyone knows which are mine. As they have custom flames on them... (which is a problem when everyone brings their remotes with their Mii's on them...)

And everyone wanted a set. I told them to get their own... Here is the link to them on ebay if you too have a PHD in Wii...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=010

·
Registered
227 Posts
That sounds like a lot of fun.

I like to have Rockband parties. Scene It is a great game for parties too.

Wii bowling, golf, Mario Kart ... all great for group gatherings.

I love how you made it a family gathering and give out prizes. Everyone looks like they had a great time.

Regards.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Too bad most of my family and friends aren't into video games enough because that sounds pretty fun. A few of them play it with me, but rarely.

·
Registered
284 Posts
We had a Wii party recently with some our family and friends. Some of them had never played Wii before. Everyone loved it. Wii Bowling is quite simply an awesome party game! BTW, those trophies are simply genius. Our party was a spur of the moment thing--it ballooned from having one couple over for dinner to 10+ people in just a few hours--so there was no time for touches like that. Now I've got ideas for the next one...

We also took pictures of everyone and their Mii to do a side-by-side comparison. It's pretty funny. What do you think of my Mii?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a pretty good Mii likeness!

But, you Mii "Chest" is crooked...

lol.

My mother in law thought the little mii arms in bowling were her chest... And she was offended they were crooked, and she kept wanting to go have plastic surgery on her Mii to fix it!

We still laugh about that one.

·
Registered
284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise /forum/post/15495419

Thats a pretty good Mii likeness!

My mother in law thought the little mii arms in bowling were her chest... And she was offended they were crooked, and she kept wanting to go have plastic surgery on her Mii to fix it!

That is funny! It looks like you guys had a great time. I took the Wii to our congregation's New Year's Eve fellowship, and it was a big hit there as well, even with folks who had likely never played a video game before in their life. Nintendo certainly knew what it was doing when it gave the system the potential for such broad appeal.

BTW, you have a sweet set-up there. That looks like a great room for entertaining.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.