AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Wii a couple of weeks ago, and now my Wii Sports disk won't read. My other disks read fine. Is there any way I can exchange just my Sports disk? I really don't want to return the whole console (who knows when i'd be able to get another one!!)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
711 Posts
You should probably contact Nintendo. I'm sure that once they verify your warranty info (name, address, serial number, etc.) they'll replace the disc for you.

I've heard people complain that the cardboard package the Wii Sports disc comes in scratched it up. I actually replaced mine with a white DVD keepcase and a high-quality custom cover to match the rest of my Wii game library.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I had this problem once or twice early on (back in November when the system was first released), but not recently. Dunno if it was due to a firmware issue that was resolved through upgrades or just some random anomaly, but no problems of late.

You can always try the tried and true NES approach of blowing on it.

·
Registered
724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybee /forum/post/0

I had this problem once or twice early on (back in November when the system was first released), but not recently. Dunno if it was due to a firmware issue that was resolved through upgrades or just some random anomaly, but no problems of late.

You can always try the tried and true NES approach of blowing on it.

I had the same issue too in November. Oddly, after having the disc out of the Wii for a day or so, it worked fine the next day. The manual does say to take discs out of it when not in use, and when in standby discs do get very warm.

Never had a problem since, even though the disc gets left in there a lot.

·
Registered
750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey /forum/post/0

I had the same issue too in November. Oddly, after having the disc out of the Wii for a day or so, it worked fine the next day. The manual does say to take discs out of it when not in use, and when in standby discs do get very warm.

Never had a problem since, even though the disc gets left in there a lot.

I've since heard about some 360 and PS3 titles failing to run in their respective systems. Turns out they were shipped coated in a protective film that is usually removed prior to packaging, but was inadvertently left on. The fix apparently involved running the discs under warm water for about 10 secs, removing the film. Maybe this happened with early Wii Sports discs as well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i had a problem getting game discs of all sorts to read when i had inserted an SD card that was a bit wonky. removing the SD card (required a leatherman--it had bent or something and wouldnt spring out), and it worked. just another thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.