AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across a mouse that you just point at the screen like a wiimote? I'm surprised that something like this hasn't been available commercially yet, with the surge in HTPC's...

I find it so cumbersome to use a trackball, and I don't have adequate space for a wireless mouse. I'd like something I can just point at the screen. I've tried using a script like GlovePIE to use my wiimote as a mouse, but the driver/software rarely works properly, I've only gotten it running once, and even then the accuracy was awful.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNdS-EyE /forum/post/20886245

Has anyone come across a mouse that you just point at the screen like a wiimote? I'm surprised that something like this hasn't been available commercially yet, with the surge in HTPC's...

I find it so cumbersome to use a trackball, and I don't have adequate space for a wireless mouse. I'd like something I can just point at the screen. I've tried using a script like GlovePIE to use my wiimote as a mouse, but the driver/software rarely works properly, I've only gotten it running once, and even then the accuracy was awful.

Any ideas?

Kinect-like would be cool. No remote needed. Time to invent one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.