AVS Forum banner

541 - 560 of 851 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I wonder if 16-1 is at reduced power, but at my Moscow area location I have been getting both 56 and 16 OK for the past few nights.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Still no 16-1, 16-2 or 56-1

Since I received these stations before I received 22-1 and 28-1 and I still have 22-1 and 28-1, I have no idea as to how to correct the problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I get all channels except for Fox 56-1 & 56-2. The other OTA digital channels that I receive were coming in great last week (between 50%-60%) but now I am getting less at times. -

I posted this on the NEPA HDTV forum but hoping for quicker response:

Since I get all channels except for FOX.... I wonder if I get a second antenna and put a 2 to 1 splitter in the tuner would I get additional channels or better signal strength. I can place these antenna in 2 completely different locations... Would it work?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had the Antenna moved - now get 22-1, 28-1, 44-1 thru 4, but no 56-1 or 16-1 and 2

No signal reading at all for 56-1

Reading for 16-1 will on occasion show receipt of digital signal but is in the teens - no picture

·
Registered
290 Posts
I live in Mountain Top, and have no problem getting 16-1, 16-2, 22-1, 28-1, 44-1, 44-2, 44-3, 44-4, 56-1 and 56-2. Occasionally there is a hiccup where I don't get 28-1 for some reason but other than that, I'm very happy. Using VOOM box with external antenna provided by VOOM plus amplifier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a HR10-250 HD DVR - Terk Antenna - Kenwood Amp - The gentleman who checked the Antenna was at a loss - He moved it and I was able to pickup 44 HDs but no signal at all for 56 and very minimal signal for 16. When I was checking for signal strength on 49 (16) it would indicate no digital signal then off and on it would show receipt of digital signal but the signal would stay in the 16-24 range.

He is going to test fo the signal with a CM antenna.

It is hard to understand what is causing the loss of signal as I had 16-1, 16-2, 56-1 and 56-2 with very clear signals a couple of weeks ago

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't tried stacking yet... but I think I might have to. I moved the antenna to increase the signal strength for the Superbowl... by doing so I lost 28-1,22-1 so now all I have is 16-1 &-2 and the 44's..lucky me~

·
Registered
627 Posts
Henna:

I wander if you are now getting some out of phase reflections for 16 and 56 causing a cancellation of your signal at the antenna? Both of these stations continue to come in well at my location near Moscow.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did a digital channel search yesterday and in addition to Fox 56's digital channels of 45.3 and 45.4 (remapped to 56.1 WOLF-HD, 56.2 PA'sWB) I picked up a new station 27.5.

27.5 is also Fox's (WOLF's to be exact) HD broadcast. The digital call decoded says "EAST". Does anyone know what and or why this is? Is this a different transmitter or is this another station remapped for the 45.x channel?

·
Registered
17,274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkydink /forum/post/0

I did a digital channel search yesterday and in addition to Fox 56's digital channels of 45.3 and 45.4 (remapped to 56.1 WOLF-HD, 56.2 PA'sWB) I picked up a new station 27.5.

27.5 is also Fox's (WOLF's to be exact) HD broadcast. The digital call decoded says "EAST". Does anyone know what and or why this is? Is this a different transmitter or is this another station remapped for the 45.x channel?

That's odd. If you check the Binghamton thread, WICZ-DT is doing the same thing.

- Trip

·
Registered
3 Posts
For anyone in the Moscow area. Are you able to pull any NYC or Binghamton Stations? I want to try and get the Giants games in HDTV but not sure if this is possible or what equipment I would need.

·
Registered
627 Posts
gazoinplat: I leave about four miles from Moscow (near 380-84 junction) and can receive the Binghamton stations with a modest size VHF/UHF antenna, which I have on a rotor. Most come in as well as the local channels in terms of signal strength. Depending upon your location you should have similar results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tom,

You sound like you are pretty close to where I am at, I am located by the top of one of the bigger hills. What antenna do you use and do you use a preamp? Also, if you point the antenna towards Binghamton do you still recieve the Scranton stations? I was just wondering if I could get away without having a rotor. Also, what is the height of your antenna?

I haven't used an antenna since I was about 10 so I am trying to come back up to speed on it.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Willard /forum/post/0

gazoinplat: I leave about four miles from Moscow (near 380-84 junction) and can receive the Binghamton stations with a modest size VHF/UHF antenna, which I have on a rotor. Most come in as well as the local channels in terms of signal strength. Depending upon your location you should have similar results.

·
Registered
627 Posts
gazoinplat: You do need to point the antenna either toward Binghamton or WB to receive the respective signals, so you will either need two antennas and a switch or one antenna and a rotor. My antenna was purchase at Lowes and it was the smaller of the two they had available (three years ago). It is about 60 inches in length. I have it mounted about five feet above the roof and a two story house. Yes, I do use a modest preamp located in the attic where the RG-6 cable comes in from the antenna.The main reason for the preamp is the length of the RG-6 to the home theater room.

By the way I am retired and offer consulting services for home theater installationto include a home visit. I have been running an ad in the Villager.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info, do you perform installationsor are able to reccomend anyone? I was thinking of going with a set-up similar to a UHF and a VHF (I can't link it until I get 5 posts, but its by Larry Davis on his antenna experience and was a good write up) and sending it to my basement where I have all my structured wiring, and then handling it from there. I will have to check out your ad next time I pick up the villager.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Anyone using Blue Ridge Cable TV to get their HD???

Looking to dump DirecTV, and interested in experiences with Blue Ridge Cable.

dm

·
Registered
105 Posts
Towanda Pennsylvania

Hello. Just returned from my wife's hometown. Many of the family live across the Susquehanna and up the mountain from Towanda in Wyalusing township. As the crow flies it's about 36 miles to Elmira, 39 miles to Scranton (and virtually right on the NW to SW axis between them) and 32 miles to Binghampton. They are on the top of the world. About 1000' above the Susquehanna river. He has a Yagi and gets some Elmira, some Binghampton, some Scranton. Anyone else on this forum up in the "Endless Mountains" around Troy, Towanda or Sayre PA? He has not yet made the switch to an HD TV.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi alllll I just moved up to Brodheadsville off of rt33 and rt 80 area...

I bought a winegard UHF anntena a few years ago.

And hook it up to my Toshiba HD big screen TV but it does not have a HD receiver built into it..I was maybe Getting a few SNOWY stations from Scranton area on UHF that would come in and out...

Went to a Local Radio Shack and the guy said that you cannot get HD TV in the Brodheadsville area with a antenna......

Now I am second guessing

I just bought a 42 inch Samsung 4253 HD Plasma TV.....

And just wondering if you good folks think I should buy another Uhf antenna and maybe I might pickup some HD programing?????

Just wondering if my UHF stations from the Scranton area on regular tv comes in very snowy.

Will My HD stations come in the same way or will they come in better??????JohnnyThunders

·
Registered
443 Posts
Lukfilm,

I also live in Mt. Top, how was 24(FOX in general) last Monday night? I recorded it on my Sony DVR and it was no good.

541 - 560 of 851 Posts