AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought the Pio 1018 AVR and the Jamo s606 HT speaker system and need some speaker wire. I currently have some 18 AWG Monster cable connected to my surrounds and am wondering if I can just transfer that wire to my 2 front speakers and center. My speakers are all 6 ohm and the wires will need to be about 12-15 ft. I'm definatly getting 12 or 14 AWG for my surrounds, just not sure if I should use my current 18 AWG for the fronts, or whether I should just buy more 12-14 AWG. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfalvey /forum/post/15517022

I just recently bought the Pio 1018 AVR and the Jamo s606 HT speaker system and need some speaker wire. I currently have some 18 AWG Monster cable connected to my surrounds and am wondering if I can just transfer that wire to my 2 front speakers and center. My speakers are all 6 ohm and the wires will need to be about 12-15 ft. I'm definatly getting 12 or 14 AWG for my surrounds, just not sure if I should use my current 18 AWG for the fronts, or whether I should just buy more 12-14 AWG. Thanks in advance.

According to this reference page, your 18 AWG speaker wire should be fine for your 15 ft run.

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts