AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 42" LG PJ350 TV. I half-regret not stepping up to a 50" plasma. The viewing distance will be roughly 5-10 feet depending on where in the room you are sitting. Did I make the right choice?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have a 1080p native 62" display and sit 6 to 7 feet away.

You should be able to sit about the same distance even with 720p and a wee further with a 50".

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you plan on displaying any content via PC then it'll play nicer with the resolution of the 50" version

50PJ350 = 1366x768 = square pixels

42PJ350 = 1024x768 = rectangular pixels (PC content stretched out sideways)

But if you're NOT going to be displaying content via PC then this shouldn't be a concern.

Personally i'd still go with the 50" because my seating distance is also between 6' and 10ft away and the 50" size is perfect, i went with 1080P however so it's not exactly a fair comparison. I guess if you stuck with the 42", and you wanted that big screen experience, you can just sit in that closer seat.

Tough decision i imagine, but once you make it i wouldn't second guess it any longer, just enjoy the TV.

·
Registered
397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyaging /forum/post/19521093

I just ordered a 42" LG PJ350 TV. I half-regret not stepping up to a 50" plasma. The viewing distance will be roughly 5-10 feet depending on where in the room you are sitting. Did I make the right choice?

I would have gotten the 50". As many owners here will tell you, tvs tend to "shrink" with time.

·
Registered
582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiahk /forum/post/19521396

If you have to ask then it's not big enough. hdtv is so cheap now, no reason at all for anything under 50" unless you just dont have room for it. I have a 55" tv in my small bedroom for example.

Even so, some of us are really limited in money. Anything over 40-inches should be good. You can just adjust how close you want to be to the screen to make the tv feel bigger.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyaging /forum/post/19521093

.. what would have been a "comfortable" price target; you may have come close to the Panasonic tcp46" G25 (desired model). Otherwise, a 50" LG pj350 or Samsung pn c450 (both 720p) would be nice alternatives, given yr price tolerance.

·
Registered
324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshredder27 /forum/post/19521227

42-inch is good enough. I would've gotten a Panasonic though. They have higher end 42-inch tv's and have a better AR Filter.

Even though I was only going to get a 37 cause I thought it was plenty big I went with a 42 inch. It took one day to wish I would have got a 50. Tvs are usally a one time purchase which we use for several years. There are probably going to be a lot of deals out there in the next month I would wait for the right 50 to go on sale and jump on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.