AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just need a quick simple answer to this one - I decided to change my screen size... Thinking about doing a 72" wide in 1.85 format (72X40"). This puts me around 8ft lamberts with my ecp4100 in a light controlled room w/1.3 gain screen material (8ft viewing distance). Will that be enough brightness to look good?

Thanks,

--Eric

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Kinda dim. Most of the setups I've seen look to be around 12-14 and people deem those "normal". I run mine pretty low (10-ish) so a full white screen doesn't blow my eyes away.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
it`s up to you

but to me it would be way to dim

XANATOS

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
With that set-up it should be no problem to get 10-13 foot-lamberts reflected. I have had no problem getting that kind of light-output with any crt-projectors on a 80" wide screen.

Per Johnny

·
Registered
766 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BugMan74
Thinking about doing a 72" wide in 1.85 format (72X40"). This puts me around 8ft lamberts with my ecp4100 in a light controlled room w/1.3 gain screen material (8ft viewing distance).
I ran my ECP 4100 with an 80" wide 16:9 screen. 1.3 gain. With total light control the image was good.

Consider painting the ceiling a dark colour, as well as the surrounding walls. This will help 'light control' in a big way (reflected light from the screen).

Going smaller (72" wide) will give you a satisfying image.

Roo

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm assuming that the spec of 120 ANSI lumens for the ecp4100 is correct. Should I try to go any higher on the gain?

--Eric

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
yes get a 100 inch 13 gain curved screen from vutec

you wont be sorry

XANATOS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.