AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
There are 4 codes, 01442, 01142, 20618, and 20739. The last two only works on the av1 or av2 devices, where the first two works in devices accept tv.

These tivo codes are more than 10 years old, So don't look for newer commands like the color keys.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
1. dtv or av1 or av2

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 0 1 4 4 2

Only code 20739 will have the Standby command on the PWR key in either av1 or av2 device. None of the others have power commands at all, just like the original peanut. If your tivo is in standby, using the other codes just press MENU to awaken it.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I do not have stand alone tivo, so I can not say which one is suited best for your model? I used 01442 for example in giving the steps, I could have used any one of the 4 codes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Edmund tivo codes are more than 10 years old, So don't look for newer commands like the color keys.are their Newer codes will work the most button the color keys for the TiVo Premiere XL4 ?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportman1  /t/1485716/will-a-directv-remote-work-with-a-tivo-xl4#post_23622154

Edmund tivo codes are more than 10 years old, So don't look for newer commands like the color keys.are their Newer codes will work the most button the color keys for the TiVo Premiere XL4 ?

Sorry, but no. Tivo is the competition to Directv, the only reason there are any tivo codes in the directv remote is because of the old tivo and directv combo boxes. Which haven't been made since 2005. Last years thr22 doesn't use tivo codes at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts