AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read thru many threads trying to decide on which projector to buy. I have narrowed my choices down to the Mits. 1000u and the Pan. AX100. I'm considering these 2 because of their high lumen output. I want to be able to watch it with some ambient lighting in the room.

The room dimensions are 23' x 16' with a ceiling height of 7' 8". I will have either a 110" or 106" DIY Wilsonart screen. The projector will be ceiling mounted. It can be mounted up to 22' from the screen.

I would prefer to get the HD1000U but I am worried about the built in offset. I don't want to have the bottom of my screen to close to the floor because I will have 2 rows of seating. I'm afraid that you won't be able to see the bottom of the screen from the 2nd row. I was told by an online dealer that because of the offset, the screen will have to be mounted at least 2 ft from the ceiling. Is this correct? If the projector is tilted up, can I move the screen higher? How much will that distort the picture?

Will the HD1000U work or should I get the AX100, even though it has some issues?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
563 Posts
use the projector calculator at mitsubishi's website. Just glancing at the numbers, it looks like you'll end up with a screen very close to the floor. You can tilt the screen, but you'll have to use keystone corrction to compensate, which you may or may not want to do. If you're not going to be using it as a PC display, you probably won't notice any effects of keystoning.

If this isn't acceptable to you, you'll need to go with an LCD projector that offers lens shifting, like the AX100.

·
Registered
437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWine86 /forum/post/0

I have read thru many threads trying to decide on which projector to buy. I have narrowed my choices down to the Mits. 1000u and the Pan. AX100. I'm considering these 2 because of their high lumen output. I want to be able to watch it with some ambient lighting in the room.

The room dimensions are 23' x 16' with a ceiling height of 7' 8". I will have either a 110" or 106" DIY Wilsonart screen. The projector will be ceiling mounted. It can be mounted up to 22' from the screen.

I would prefer to get the HD1000U but I am worried about the built in offset. I don't want to have the bottom of my screen to close to the floor because I will have 2 rows of seating. I'm afraid that you won't be able to see the bottom of the screen from the 2nd row. I was told by an online dealer that because of the offset, the screen will have to be mounted at least 2 ft from the ceiling. Is this correct? If the projector is tilted up, can I move the screen higher? How much will that distort the picture?

Will the HD1000U work or should I get the AX100, even though it has some issues?

Thanks!

Mike

Here is the calculation for a 100" screen and a PJ with a 33 degree offset. You'll have to play with the numbers to figure out your screen size.

93.6" ceiling height minus 5.5" mount drop = 88.1", minus offset of 16.17" (.33 * 49" screen height) = 71.93", minus 49" screen height = ~22.93".

In other words, the bottom of a 100" screen would be 22.93" off the floor if all of the above hold true. 22.93" is a decent amount with one row of seating...not sure about the second row though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.