AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an RCA DT-100 going into an ISF calibrated (thanks Avical) Toshiba 65H81. I am running the output of the DTC-100 through an RCA Transcoder into the Toshiba HD Colorstream inputs.

I have heard that the Toshiba that I have has some kind of problem converting anything to its 1080i native input resolution (I beleive that the DTC-100 uses a 540p output) so I was wondering if a change to an STB that has an output of 1080i - like the Hughes - would make a visible improvement to my picture. If I used a box like this I would also be able to get rid of the transcoder, eliminating one more device between the box and the TV so maybe that's an improvement right off the bat?

What thinkest the brain trust?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The DTC-100 is a great HD performer. The real difference will be on up converted NTSC stuff.

I've had them all, now I have a SAT520 and DTC-100. I use the DTC-100 for recording to a Replay TV. For HD, the DTC-100 is a close second to the SAT520. I found the Samsung to be about the same HD quality, and the E86 as inferior.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.