Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I've been running Win98/2K at 960x540 and 1920/540 via a VGA cable to my Pioneer SD582-HD5 (58") for about 6 months. The picture looks nice and clear in the center 2/3s of the screen, but on the edges it is blurry and unreadable(text). Current video card is an unmodified Geforce2 MX. I've messed with the RPTV's convergence to no avail.

Is there anything I can adjust to remedy this...be it upgrading to a Radeon (easy), making Powerstrip adjustments ( almost as easy ) or getting my RPTV calibrated ( impossible in my area )?

Thanks much,

Will

·
Registered
345 Posts
So are you saying that other inputs don't have this problem? Do you have anything else that will input via the VGA port on the TV? You need to isolate the problem to either the PC or the TV (or the interface). Although, display calibration is always a good thing...

------------------

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow. -Ivanova, B5

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Will,

What everybody needs to know to give you some ideas is, is this the only source with this problem?

How good are any of your other sources as a comparison?

Help is waiting Will, just give us some more information.

------------------

GOLDEN.

Success has many fathers but failure is always an orphan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Gang,

The only other sources I have the tv hooked up to are the Dreamcast (VGA) and the PS2 ( Component ). Obviously, the resolution is not as high with either of these two sources, so I'm guessing that defects are not as pronounced. Regardless, I do not recall ever having anything to complain about through the other 2 sources. I will try and do some conclusive testing when I get home from work.

Thanks!

Will

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's the tubes/lenses. You can try another card, however, it's likely that they used inexpensive guns and lenses in the consumer-grade set and what you see is the result of pushing the tubes to their design limits.

Just one man's opinion.

-Sitkom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So is it characteristic of RPTVs in general, then? I thought it might be but didn't know if there was at least a way to make it better via better pc hardware or software tinkering ( convergence, etc ).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.