AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this is a longshot, but I am considering purchasing a TH-42PX60U, and am trying to figure out if I need to have it delivered or can pick it up myself. Anyone with any firsthand experience how big the box is, and whether it will fit in the back of a Subaru Impreza wagon (with the seats down obviously).

Just thought I'd try .. thanks!

Wayne

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's a BIG box. I would put my money on it not fitting, but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I doubt it will fit and it is not recommended to lay it on its' side.

Here is a tip: Home Depot rents a truck. It costs around $20 dollars for an hours use and they don't care if you use it to transports goods purchased at HD, a plasma tv too big for your vehicle or you just want to drive a big stake bed around.

Good luck.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Doesn't the place you're buying from offer delivery? Hell, even if it is a chargeable item, I'd be inclined to let them bear the responsibility of getting your new plasma to it's final resting place (your home).

Assuming it WOULD fit, what about getting some moron tailgating you and causing a rear-ender at he next stop sign/red light? Suppose you don't notice that moon-sized, crater'd pothole and nail it @ 30mph? In addition to getting a whole new front end, you'll now have the added heartache of owning a big box that now rattles. Alot. Planning to stop off at the tailor's or dry cleaner's on your way home, with that bad boy sitting in your back seat - for all the world to see? What're the chances of coming out with your goods, only to come upon a shattered side window and a large vacant place in the back seat - where your new TV used to reside? It's happened before.

FWIW, get the store to deliver and set up your new pride and joy. there's alot to be said for peace of mind in all of this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.