AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Sammy 67 series DLP, which as we all know is sensitive to lag issues with video games. right now i have no lag to worry about.

i am looking into getting a decent receiver, in the $300-400 range, that has component inputs and outputs, since my TV only has 2 comp. inputs and i have 3 things that i want to use component on (DVD, PS2, XBOX). what im wondering is these receivers that pass through the component signal with 3 inputs and 1 output, will they cause controller lag to occur? are there any receivers I should stay away from or any that are particularly good for this? i need ones that will pass through 480i-1080i signals on the component inputs, and have multiple optical inputs on them. any info you guys have is great, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Have you considered the Panasonic Full Digital Amps (SA-XR50, SA-XR55 and SA-XR70), Kenwood Digial Path Amps (VRS7100, VRS7200 and VRS8100) and the JVC Hybrid Digital Amps (RX-201, RX-202, RX-F10, RX-301, RX-302, RX-402 and RX-702). They are in the $200 - $500 price bracket and they out perform other receivers in this range as well as those that are more expensive. Just search this forum and you'll find how popular these amps are.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I have a JVC D-ILA and a Marantz SR-7400 ran component cables through there for a while. There was no added delay from the receiver. I believe that as long as the receiver isn't upscaling the inputs, there should be no delay.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i thought too toker, as long as its just passing the signal thru, there should be no delay, but i also think there must be SOME kind of delay, and with a DLP, it might have been made more significant.

digitalHT, i will check those out. i never looked into them before cuz i never really knew what they were, but ill read that sticky thread on the first page. i have the same concerns with these that i will with all receivers though, but hopefully these pass-thrus have a non-distinguishable delay. the price seems right tho! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.