AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm moving to Singapore and would like to take my two year old Samsung LCD/LED TV with me. If I get a decent transformer (any recommendations appreciated!) will it work on the 50hz power supply? Opinions seem divided and it would be unfortunate to take it there, blow it up and burn the house down (but conversely new TVs there are ridiculously expensive).

Thanks in advance,

Richard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guess you've already got the answer but I'll reply for the benefit of this post.

Yes you can use the UN55C8000 (or any other US tv) with a transformer in Singapore. I ordered the UN55C8000 together with a Litefuze transformer (below link) and have it shipped over to Singapore and it still cost less. However, I took a big risk with the warranty as Samsung does not provide international warranty.

http://www.amazon.com/Litefuze-convertingbox-300-Converter-Transformer/dp/B00420OI52

The UN55C8000 is rated at 250W so a 300W transformer will suffice.

I bumped into your thread while searching for a solution for my UN55C8000, which just had a HDMI board issue (after 3 years of use). I called Samsung Singapore and they will charge additional service cost for 'export sets' plus an arm and a leg for the faulty parts.

Hope your tv is holding up better...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.