Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just a bundle of questions tonight.

My DVD player is passing along macrovision to my 1031Q. The fluctuation isn't horribly distracting. But I'm sure it will eventually fry my bacon.

Has anyone had any luck with the ViewSonic VB50? (I know it's not an iscan or a HTPC...I'm going for bang for the buck, here.) Does the combo of dvd to vb50 to 1031q eliminate the macrovision flutter?

BTW - spent much of the night in the garage tonight watching the Toy Story 2 and the Fifth Element, after getting my first shot at convergence under my belt. I have to admit, this is cool! I can't wait to get set up in the house with dolby digital.

woo woo!

Eric

·
Registered
16,936 Posts
Eric ,

-- have you flipped the AGC switch yet , it will defeat the Macrovision but you will lose some brightness at the same time .

--- the switch is on the TOP board across from the convergence board .

--- Best Wishes ,

-- Jason Berg

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tossed it back and forth, but it didn't seem to make a difference. You don't have to shut off the machine and restart do you?

thanks Jason!

BTW... I'm currious about your solution for getting rid of the VBI dashes... I'm sure you've done it... or does that go away with the HTPC rig?

Eric

·
Registered
16,936 Posts
Eric ,

-- it did nothing , that is really strange ....

-- I actually never had the lines , just lucky I guess . I have never had to deal with a PJ that had them so I am not aware of the proper fix .

-- The VB50 may take away the Macrovision problem since it uses the RGB2 input from its own VGA output . I do not know for sure however as I have never used one . I have used an Iscan DVDO however and it showed no signs of Macrovision .

-- Best Wishes ,

--- Jason Berg

·
Registered
41 Posts
No chance

It will make it much worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no macrovision issues, proir the the VB50, but now they are pretty bad.

I also tried the AGC switch, but to no avail. It seemed to brighten or dim the picture when inputting via BNC connection, but now moving the switch does nothing to the picture.

I finally gave up and ordered a macrovision buster, I'll let you know how it looks

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.