AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think that all of the cameras at the Super Bowl will be in HD?? Maybe they can replace some of the SD cameras (cheerleader cam) with HD. Perhaps they can borrow some that were used for SEC games.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
I'll ask.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
the entire event would be HD if they just eliminated those useless sideline SD shots..which add nothing to the game..and have one HD cam on the sideline for reports from on the field and the cheerleader shots when they come back from the break

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rakesh.S
the entire event would be HD if they just eliminated those useless sideline SD shots..which add nothing to the game....
That's a matter of opinion.

CBS, like all the other major sports networks, has a 'look & feel' thay want to communicate with their broadcasts. The SD sideline cams are a part of that, and it's not going to be compromised for the HD broadcast.

Having said that, and knowing CBS, I'll bet they ante up for Super Bowl XXXVIII.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Yeah, I expect big things. Remember, HD is beginning to gain serious awareness now. I think having the biggest and best HD expo (Super Bowl) means they will do it right and spare no expense.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yeah, lets get the cheerleaders in HD.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Don H
Yeah, lets get the cheerleaders in HD.
Smartest suggestion I have heard in months! :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dchdfan
from posts on this subject over many months, the problem with blimp and even the sideline is that there is still not a wireless HD camera...
I think that was originally the problem with the skycam, but I assumed that since they got the skycam in HD, they had gotten wireless HD cameras. I guess they could have figured out some way to get a wired camera up there...

Lee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by REL77
What about the Blimp Cam??? HD Blimp Cam??
I know this doesn't eliminate the possibility of the blimp, but the roof will be closed on Reliant Stadium for the Super Bowl, so they won't be able to get any shots of the game, only the stadium

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
How 'bout a new graphic for the scores when the come back from break, on the broadcast today it had some serious jaggies.

Brian

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Guys...it's a little bit of both for the SD cameras:

1-They've not yet been able to implement an RF handheld camera for HD (ones that require a transmitter pointer to follow behind the camera operator). Thay being said, just because of the nature of a Super Bowl, they'll need a few of those, so they will be SD.

2-They have developed an HD Super Slo-Mo system, which Fox has installed in their "A" NFL unit and has been using this season (Obviously, we'd never see the results in 480p). I guess CBS has not purchased one of those yet.

3-My guess is there will be no blimp this year just like last - The Homeland Security Agency makes the Super Bowl a top priority event, so any flights are restricted over the event.

Hey, Esh28, why would they shut the roof of Reliant if the weather is good? I asume since you live in Cypress, you've heard more than the rest of us on that.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Once they make a final decision on a stadium that can be opened or closed, they have to stick with it. Now how near the time of the event they can make their final decision I don't know. I"m sure they are just playing it safe.

Neal

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.