AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum but have been reading a lot and have this question as I searched and couldn't find an answer.

I am getting a new Sony KDF-E42A10 w/HD tuner on board. Currently I have a 508 PVR and would like to continue using this. My plan is to upgrade an old 301 to an 811 HD box which means it would be on another cable. (tv in other room no longer used and cable can be fed to my 508 location, I currently have a four receiver setup in our house) Would this work by using the component output to the TV from the 811 and the optical output from the 508 into the TV. This way I can have HD until this MPEG4 stuff is resolved and then I can buy or upgrade to the 962. I do realize I won't be able to record in HD but that's OK for now.

Thanks for any help, Jim

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Hook the 811 up via component or DVI and the 508 via s-video or composite and just select the input of the one you want to watch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt -

Thanks for the quick response, one more question. Since my new set has an OTA tuner on board should I connect my HD antenna directly to the set for better picture or run it through the 811 which I assume would then show up in the guide?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM60
Matt -

Thanks for the quick response, one more question. Since my new set has an OTA tuner on board should I connect my HD antenna directly to the set for better picture or run it through the 811 which I assume would then show up in the guide?
I'd say through the 811 but it wouldn't hurt to compare PQ between the two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.