AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to get an exposure 2010s2 integrated amp for some pretty short money.

I am wondering how the amp matches with the b&w pm1. Are they a complimentary pairing?

I am not a specs guy but I would like to know if it's enough power and there are no clipping issues. The amp is 75 watts per channel.

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobonsai  /t/1525404/will-an-exposure-2010s2-work-for-b-w-pm1#post_24557481

I was able to get an exposure 2010s2 integrated amp for some pretty short money.

I am wondering how the amp matches with the b&w pm1. Are they a complimentary pairing?

I am not a specs guy but I would like to know if it's enough power and there are no clipping issues. The amp is 75 watts per channel.

The power requirements for a system are based on listening distance, preferences for loudness (SPL) and loudspeaker efficiency. You seem to be holding 2 out of 3 of the cards.

if we had them, the next step would be to plug them in here:

http://myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html

These speakers have low efficiency (84 dB/W) and limited power handling (30-100 watts). A 75 wpc amp should be OK but hopefully loud listening is not in your future. A subwoofer would help, but the Exposure amp doesn't have nearly the support for using a subwoofer as an AVR would. You could probably work something out with the right sub that had its own line level crossover. The Exposure has pre outs but no amp-ins.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much. I do not intend to listen very loud at all. I am not a big fan of subwoofers. so i was hoping to not use one for stereo music. However the speakers would be in a medium to large room I know that is not ideal but that is the only room available.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobonsai  /t/1525404/will-an-exposure-2010s2-work-for-b-w-pm1#post_24561114

I was hoping for an amp a little better than fine. But this amp will have to do. Thank you all

In order to get "better" one assumes you mean better sound quality and that isn't a characteristic of amps. Fine means it is powerful enough to get the job done for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts