AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a minimum of 4 devices that use component video cables. Is there any receiver out there that has 4 or more component inputs and 2 component outputs? I need 2 component outputs because I've got the HLM507W TV, and none of the component inputs do all 4 (480i,480p,720p,1080i) resolutions. So....

My budget pretty much stops at about $2k for the receiver, but I am willing to buy at discount on-line dealers, when available.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
No, but there are receivers that have four component in, but only one out.All you have to do is just run some of the video directly to the tv.

Marantz 9200/9300

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there something like a splitter that I could get to split the 1 out from the receiver to 2 different inputs on the TV?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those would work, but I'd really rather a completely integrated solution in one A/V receiver. Is there really nothing out there that will handle this? If not, hopefully there will be soon.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I haven't seen any receiver with 2 component outs, but like mattburk said, you could run the cables straight to the TV. Or use one of the switchers sushi recommended. If you're worried about integration and getting everything to be really easy to use. THink about getting a learning remote with macros. Press a button and it'll switch your receiver, the input on the switcher, the TV, turn on the DVD player, etc..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.