AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new Fuji Finepix Real3d W1 camera which takes both 3D stills and 3D video and saves both onto a removeable SD Card. I see that the Panasonic Viera VT25 3D Plasma Displays are equipped with a SD Card slot. Any chance I can see my still pictures and videos in 3D on the Panasonic or any of the other 3D Displays coming out from Samsung, LG, Sony or Vizio? When I posed this question to Fuji, their response to me was that they did not know but that one could ask the individual Display manufacturers if their 3D TVs "would be able to read the .mpo 3D file format of the Finepix 3DW1."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone noticed that the Fuji's breakthrough digital 3D camera (Finepix Real3d W1) which could be had for $600 a month or two ago now has an asking price of $1000 on Amazon.com?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is an added piece of info that may be helpful. While the still 3D images are recorded by the Fujifilm Finepix 3D W1 camera in "multiple picture format (mpo)" the camera captures video (up to 15 minutes) in 3D_ AV1 format onto the SD card. Does that make it more likely that at least the video can be viewed in 3D on the new 3D TVs and in particular on the Panasonic that will have a SD slot standard?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV /forum/post/18253628


Has anyone noticed that the Fuji's breakthrough digital 3D camera (Finepix Real3d W1) which could be had for $600 a month or two ago now has an asking price of $1000 on Amazon.com?

But that is NOT Amazon selling it! That is another person who bought it for $600 and is listing it for sale at $1,000 to try to fool people into buying it.


The seller is "Action Packaged. Inc." - not Amazon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV /forum/post/18232961


I have the new Fuji Finepix Real3d W1 camera which takes both 3D stills and 3D video and saves both onto a removeable SD Card. I see that the Panasonic Viera VT25 3D Plasma Displays are equipped with a SD Card slot. Any chance I can see my still pictures and videos in 3D on the Panasonic or any of the other 3D Displays coming out from Samsung, LG, Sony or Vizio? When I posed this question to Fuji, their response to me was that they did not know but that one could ask the individual Display manufacturers if their 3D TVs "would be able to read the .mpo 3D file format of the Finepix 3DW1."

At this time, my best recommendation is the Stereoscopic Player for your PC, which currently costs roughly $65 USD. The latest version is listed as being able to play native MPO files, although I don't have any MPO files to test it with. The Stereoscopic Player accepts a multiple 3-D video formats and can output 3-D video in a wide variety of 3-D display configurations, including DLP checkerboard and page flipping (frame sequential) 3-D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Am I correct in assuming that the current generation of 3D TVs coming out from Samsung and Panasonic could then receive the input from the computer to allow for 3D viewing from the subject files?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV /forum/post/18283598


Thanks! Am I correct in assuming that the current generation of 3D TVs coming out from Samsung and Panasonic could then receive the input from the computer to allow for 3D viewing from the subject files?

You would need an HDMI 1.4a certified graphics card and 3D drivers that work with it. Then, it should work, assuming the standards are written well enough and validated by the appropriate tests.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV /forum/post/18283598


Thanks! Am I correct in assuming that the current generation of 3D TVs coming out from Samsung and Panasonic could then receive the input from the computer to allow for 3D viewing from the subject files?

Outside of the HDMI 1.4 3D BluRay spec, be sure to check the specs on whatever 3DTV you purchase. For example, the Samsung UN55C7000 55" 3D 1080p LED TV of course supports the BluRay 3-D format, but also provides options for alternate (aka: non-HDMI 1.4) 3-D formats. In the case of the Samsung UN55C7000, check out the owner's manual on pages 19-21.
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...01L03-0212.pdf

(Btw: The "warnings" on page 21 are a hoot!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,538 Posts
I don't think any of us have seen warnings like these before for a TV. I guess they are covering their ass in case anyone believes what they are watching is real, and then hurts themselves trying to get out of the way. Wow. Also, I hope it doesn't void the warranty if you have a drink now and then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,033 Posts
If you connect a laptop or PC to the display, "Stereoscopic Player" can handle .mpo files just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 /forum/post/18292030


If you connect a laptop or PC to the display, "Stereoscopic Player" can handle .mpo files just fine.


I note that the reporting regarding the just announced NVIDIA 3DTV Play software includes a specific reference to being able to "view digital 3D photographs" on the new 3DTVs.


Can I assume the NVIDIA product will handle .mpo files as well?


Besides purchasing the software and installing it on my laptop what else do I need to get my digital 3D photos that I have taken with my Finepix Real3d W1 camera from the SD memory cards they are stored on for eventual display on the 3D TV?


Also, since I can take 3D videos as well with the Finepix Real3D W1 camera, will this same software allow viewing of the videos as well in 3D on a 3D TV?


Here is a link to the NVDIA announcement:

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...=744&Itemid=47
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,033 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV /forum/post/18349526


I note that the reporting regarding the just announced NVIDIA 3DTV Play software includes a specific reference to being able to "view digital 3D photographs" on the new 3DTVs.


Can I assume the NVIDIA product will handle .mpo files as well?


Besides purchasing the software and installing it on my laptop what else do I need to get my digital 3D photos that I have taken with my Finepix Real3d W1 camera from the SD memory cards they are stored on for eventual display on the 3D TV?


Also, since I can take 3D videos as well with the Finepix Real3D W1 camera, will this same software allow viewing of the videos as well in 3D on a 3D TV?


Here is a link to the NVDIA announcement:

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...=744&Itemid=47

It should, because nvidia's player is just a rebadged version of "Stereoscopic Player".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givmeabrek /forum/post/18290309


Ha, ha love those warnings. No drinking and watcing 3D!

Yeah, it does seem funny but also now gives me pause for thought. I have separate from the house my "man cave" converted room into a really nice theater. 2D RS25 right now.


But in the house in our front room a Sammy 61" LED DLP set I'm starting to get all hot and bothered about with its apparently very decent legacy 3D capabilities as reported now by other owners, at least with the "games" so far.


Also, however, in our front room during normal viewing hours is my mid eighties, pretty fragile mother-in-law who is now living with us for that very reason. And is already having occasional dizzy spells. I had been thinking this might be something the 3 of us could have a hoot out of & enjoy with the 3D movies and CGI animated releases. But after reading those warnings, now I seriously wonder if I might be putting her at risk to even hand her a set of glasses and fire up a 3D offering???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF /forum/post/18350685


Yeah, it does seem funny but also now gives me pause for thought. I have separate from the house my "man cave" converted room into a really nice theater. 2D RS25 right now.


But in the house in our front room a Sammy 61" LED DLP set I'm starting to get all hot and bothered about with its apparently very decent legacy 3D capabilities as reported now by other owners, at least with the "games" so far.


Also, however, in our front room during normal viewing hours is my mid eighties, pretty fragile mother-in-law who is now living with us for that very reason. And is already having occasional dizzy spells. I had been thinking this might be something the 3 of us could have a hoot out of & enjoy with the 3D movies and CGI animated releases. But after reading those warnings, now I seriously wonder if I might be putting her at risk to even hand her a set of glasses and fire up a 3D offering???

You can always try it and see how she reacts. My mom, who is 78, has dizzy spells, too. I took her to see a 3D demo this past week and she liked it. She didn't watch for an extended period, but she experienced no ill effects. I was actually surprised, first, that she saw the effect quite easily, and second, that she enjoyed it so much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV /forum/post/18232961


I have the new Fuji Finepix Real3d W1 camera which takes both 3D stills and 3D video and saves both onto a removeable SD Card. I see that the Panasonic Viera VT25 3D Plasma Displays are equipped with a SD Card slot. Any chance I can see my still pictures and videos in 3D on the Panasonic or any of the other 3D Displays coming out from Samsung, LG, Sony or Vizio? When I posed this question to Fuji, their response to me was that they did not know but that one could ask the individual Display manufacturers if their 3D TVs "would be able to read the .mpo 3D file format of the Finepix 3DW1."


UPDATE!


LG's just announced 3D Infinia LX9500 series (47 inch and 55 inch) are reported to be able to read the mpo file format without requiring use of a computer. This should allow for direct viewing in 3D of 3D still photos taken by the Fuji Finepix Real3D W1 digital 3D camera.


(Unclear though whether the video taken by the camera [which is captured in 3D_AV1 format onto a SD card] can also be viewed in 3D on the LG 3D TV either directly or via a computer.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 /forum/post/18350583


It should, because nvidia's player is just a rebadged version of "Stereoscopic Player".

Sounds encouraging.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmin /forum/post/18825515


FYI, Fuji is releasing a cheap gadget that connects the w1 to your 3dtv via HDMI.

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/04/22...-w1-on-3d-tvs/

Thanks. One can get one here in the U.S. through Amazon but don't know if Fuji is marketing them here yet from their site. Will be interested to hear from anyone who has tried it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,836 Posts
I just found this thread or I would have responded earlier.

I have had a Finepix W1 for several months and the Panasonic Vierra does play 3D slideshows directly off the SD card out of the W1.

It will not play the videos however. That fact is part of the reason I started shooting 3D with my homemade setup.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top