AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an inexpensive meter thar will work with HCFR Colormeter and have found these 3 so far:

- Spyder 3 Express (The HCFR Colormeter page only mentions Spyder 3. Will this work?)

- X-Rite i1Display 2

- X-Rite Eye-One Display LT

·
Registered
12,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonZA /forum/post/20797198

I am looking for an inexpensive meter thar will work with HCFR Colormeter and have found these 3 so far:

- Spyder 3 Express (The HCFR Colormeter page only mentions Spyder 3. Will this work?)

- X-Rite i1Display 2

Not sure about the Spyder 3, but the other two will work (i1 Display 2/LT are the same hardware).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm using a spyder 3 with HCFR and it works like a charm!

But I've heard that the eye one is better, so I'd go for that one.

·
Registered
472 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonZA /forum/post/20797198

- X-Rite i1Display 2

All three will work with HCFR. Regarding the Spyder3, I would spend a little more and get the Spyder3TV if using Windows OS ( http://www.amazon.com/Datacolor-DC-S...2822293&sr=8-7 ) rather than the Spyder3 Express since the former uses the same colorimeter as the Spyder Pro and Elite series.

Here is a recent comparison of various X-Rite products and the Spyder3:
http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/C...HardwareTested

Have fun calibrating.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
All three will work with HCFR. Regarding the Spyder3, I would spend a little more and get the Spyder3TV if using Windows OS ( http://www.amazon.com/Datacolor-DC-S...2822293&sr=8-7 ) rather than the Spyder3 Express since the former uses the same colorimeter as the Spyder Pro and Elite series.

Thanks, I think I will go with the Spyder3TV, because it seems to be the same price as the Spyder3 Express over here.

They don't seem to mention Projectors. This should still work for a projector, right?

·
Registered
472 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonZA /forum/post/20798434

Thanks, I think I will go with the Spyder3TV, because it seems to be the same price as the Spyder3 Express over here.

They don't seem to mention Projectors. This should still work for a projector, right?

Correct. I used the Spyder3TV colorimeter with HCFR to calibrate my Epson 8700UB projector. I had to use an older version of the Spyder3 setup file for HCFR to recognize the colorimeter. Search the display forum for "spyder3.dll". That is how I found the correct version to work. I am not at home right now so I don't have access to the correct version that I used. I had previously purchased an i1LT from amazon but the colorimeter must have been old and did not give me a calibration with great flesh tones so I sent that back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts