Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have an old 7" CRT and was thinking of upgrading to a HD2-based projector (or similar HD2+ successor), perhaps during the next few months. I drive the system through a home theater PC with a good ATI video card with DVI output.

My question for the forum is:

What happens when I try to feed a computer game running at 1024x768 through either of these projectors?

Will I get black bars on the side of the picture? Or will it stretch the picture to fill the screen (ie, so that everything looks short and squat)? Or is it configurable?

I realize that the PJ will probably have to scale a 1024x768 image since that's larger than the native 720p resolution of these DLPs. I'd prefer the black bars, so if I can still play games at 1024x768 and watch DVDs at 1280x720, I'd be a happy camper and would switch ranks from CRT to DLP. :)

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes it will work fine.

Most of the games are 4:3 so you just have to change aspect ratio and u will have black bars on sides.

i too play games all the time and change the aspect ratio in the PJ to 4:3 because i dont like fat and short characters :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.