AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right place for this thread. We have 2 720P plasma tv's-one panny and one sammy. We have many standard DVD's. Both of our tv's have upscalers I believe. The quality of the DVD's are less than appealing(no where near as good as the direct tv HD). Would buying a Blu-ray to watch these old DVD's upscale better than the tv or is buying an upscaling dvd be better than our current situation with the tv upscaler? Will either approach the HD we get from direct tv, thanks.

·
Banned
936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 /forum/post/15466328

Hope this is the right place for this thread. We have 2 720P plasma tv's-one panny and one sammy. We have many standard DVD's. Both of our tv's have upscalers I believe. The quality of the DVD's are less than appealing(no where near as good as the direct tv HD). Would buying a Blu-ray to watch these old DVD's upscale better than the tv or is buying an upscaling dvd be better than our current situation with the tv upscaler? Will either approach the HD we get from direct tv, thanks.

A good upscaling DVD player can make your DVDs look almost as good as HD. In my setup a well mastered DVD looks better than Directv HD. If you buy a Blu Ray player and plan to use it to upscale, be sure that it is good at upscaling. All Blu Ray players are not the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.