AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK now that I know ABC HD OTA won't happen anytime soon.........

How do I encourage Cablevision that we need ABC HD.

Any schedule that someone knows of for this??

Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm trying to find out the same thing. Does anyone know if they might be getting ABC or NBC in High Def. anytime soon. The thing that sucks is TWC has it and cablevision doesn't. Why are they so slow in getting these channels. thanks 4 any replies.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Short answer - Cablevision sucks!

Longer, more mature answer - We probably will get them eventually (assume later before sooner), but with the launch of this VOOM garbage, they are more concerned with potential customers than they are with long standing, loyal customers.

Great business practice going on there. :rolleyes:

No one to this day can figure out why the others cable companies in the area (Comcast & TWC) could secure these deals, but Cablevision still cannot. Don't even try getting an answer either because they are the most clueless people I've ever had the displeasure of talking to.

The Mrs. and I have already decided if CV doesn't get off their asses and show us something soon, we are dropping their worthless service. It's not worth the hassle or the amount of money we are paying each month.

·
Registered
143 Posts
thanks 4 the reply. Cablevision does suck. Everybody else seems two be 2 steps ahead of them in every aspect. They should be offering abc and nbc in high def. since so many people cant recieve it OTA. Like you said Comcast and TWC have these channels. And what do we get dumbass fox.

thanks again for responding. Any response is appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The NY Times reported tonight on their website that Cablevision through its Rainbow subsidiary has launched an HDTV Satellite service featuring 39 channels. It went on to say that this service would be available starting Oct. 15.

I did this out of memory, but I think I got the details right.

Does anyone know if they will be offering this through their existing cable network?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's the NY Times article (is it 39 or 21 HD channels?):

Cablevision to Launch High - Definition TV

By REUTERS

Published: September 30, 2003

Filed at 5:47 p.m. ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Cable television provider Cablevision Systems Corp. (CVC.N) said on Tuesday it will offer a U.S. satellite service broadcasting high-definition television, pitching it against well-entrenched rivals.

Cablevision said its satellite division, Rainbow DBS, will offer 39 HDTV channels and some popular cable channels as part of service it will launch on Oct. 15. It did not say how much it would charge for the service.

The move pits Cablevision, which launched its satellite in July this year, directly against Hughes Electronics Corp.'s (GMH.N) DirecTV and (DISH.O), which have long dominated U.S. satellite television services.

HDTV is a television display technology seen as the ``next big thing'' in broadcasting. It provides a sharper picture than standard television and sound quality that is similar to that of compact discs.

Sales of big-screen digital TVs have jumped this year as prices come down and in anticipation of growth in HDTV programming, which has been slow to develop.

Cablevision said its offering would include 21 HD channels from Rainbow Media and it plans to offer satellite customers 88 of the most popular cable television channels in standard format.

·
Registered
143 Posts
See the problem I have with Voom is cablevision is going to forget about what they started with Cablevision IO and Hdtv. All of us are invested in IO and hdtv through this and now we get Voom which i dont think is offering locals in high def. All i want is for them to finish what they started. Add the rest of the locals and i will be happy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am a Voom installer....... Voom will not offer any locals in HDTV. Cablevision will not forget about their cable customers. They are not using their existing techs for the rainbow service. They have contracted it out. Voom is geared toward hdtv owners only.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mbrant
The NY Times reported tonight on their website that Cablevision through its Rainbow subsidiary has launched an HDTV Satellite service featuring 39 channels. It went on to say that this service would be available starting Oct. 15.
See the numerous VOOM topics in the HDTV Programming Forum; the info was posted here about two weeks ago.

Quote:
Does anyone know if they will be offering this through their existing cable network?
Yes, it won't happen.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pjwinstalls

I am a Voom installer....... Voom will not offer any locals in HDTV.
Aside from the dish, an antenna will also be installed. Do you know what kind/model of antenna will be installed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.