AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have the Denon 2500BT and the Oppo BDP-83

I like the picture and sound from the Denon better but I need the Oppo's subtitle shift for my 2,35:1 screen

Is it likely or not that Denon players will have the subtitle shift feature at some point?

It would be great with a firmware update for existing players but I would buy a new player with this feature

Any thoughts?

Jakob

·
Registered
27,577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake51 /forum/post/20848983

Hi

I have the Denon 2500BT and the Oppo BDP-83

I like the picture and sound from the Denon better but I need the Oppo's subtitle shift for my 2,35:1 screen

Is it likely or not that Denon players will have the subtitle shift feature at some point?

It would be great with a firmware update for existing players but I would buy a new player with this feature

Any thoughts?

Jakob

Will never happen with the Denon. It is long discontinued and subtitle shift is a significant feature to add.

I have an Oppo BDP-83 which I use for subtitled films aas well as a Denon 3800. Both look great but boy is the Oppo faster. Keep the Oppo for subtitled films. That is exactly what I do.

·
Premium Member
24,735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/20849581

Will never happen with the Denon. It is long discontinued and subtitle shift is a significant feature to add.

Who knows it might happen.

Quote:
Both look great but boy is the Oppo faster. Keep the Oppo for subtitled films. That is exactly what I do.

Same!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.