AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie and I have wishful thinking.

I have a PJ with DVI inputs which I drive with a HTPC.

I'm getting comcast's Motorola's 5100 HD reciever with i think has a firewire port.

My htpc has the audigy 2 plat. sound card with a firewire port.

Will I be able to pass HD audio/video through the firewire ports and allow HD recording on my htpc???????

would there be any inprovements to pass the HD signal to the HTPC through the firewire interface and then run DVI from the HTPC to the PJ.

I know the HD will run over component cables, but would a DVI feed still better since in theory the who linkage would be digital???

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
 Motorola 5100 Summary (PDF)

The material linked to suggests the firewire port is optional. I'm not sure how you go about ordering one that has the port -- hopefully Comcast can accomodate you.

If the unit has a firewire port, you should be able to record to your PC (assuming your PC has the right hardware/software).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mzk4c3
I'm getting comcast's Motorola's 5100 HD reciever with i think has a firewire port.

mzk4c3,

The DCT5100 provided at this time has no firewire port installed. Same with the cable modem in the unit internally and the network connection on the outside of the box. Unfortunately that has been at the top of wish lists with Comcast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.