AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the RB2 set this christmas when TRU had their big deal.

Well today I was in Target and they had GH: Aerosmith that comes with the game and 1 guitar for 49.99 on clearance down from 99.99.

I thought heck it'll be a perfect way to get my other guitar for bass to go along with Rock Band 2.

Rock Band is used mainly for having friends over etc so we're happy with rock bad. I'll probably sell the GH game.

The questions is will that guitar work on RB2?

I asked the clerk and she said yes it would but I've learned never to believe a store clerk so I'm looking for some confirmation that the guitar actually does work on Rock Band 2.

Thx!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well shoot....wish I'd known that. Guess I could still return the one I got and buy that.

I looked and GH Aero is going for about 20 on ebay so I'd save money returning and buying at CC.

It's the exact same guitar?

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Yep, I picked up the Les Paul for $20 from CC a couple weeks ago, and it works fine.

I personally hate it compared to the RB2 strat though, but that's my preference. I'm thinking about just spending the money on another strat, even though it's only used occassionally (when we have guests over).

If anyone cares, here's what I don't like about it:

1) Looks and feels a lot more like a cheap toy when compared to the strat.

2) Frets aren't flush and they don't "wrap" around the edge, so I have a harder time with the buttons.

3) Strumbar doesn't have a little "grip" on the edge like the strat.

4) It's hard to read which one is the "back" and which one is the "start" button (black text on a black background). Especially in low-light situations. Not a big deal, but because it is only used occassionally, I always forget which button is which when I actually pull it out.

Again, just my preference, but I did have the strat first, so maybe it's just a matter of what I'm used to.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I picked up GHIII with guitar from Target on clearance for $25. It works just fine w/RockBand 2. Strangely enough, my RB2 guitar does not work with GHIII.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
yeah I actually have a Black Axe guitar that says Guitar Hero on the box, but works with RB2. So between the 3 guitars, I have 2 guitars for GHIII and 3 guitars for RB2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts