AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dish 6000 receiver and wonder if getting a hipix is the way to go for a hdtv pvr. I have been reading about the coming Dish hd pvr's but they will cost over $1,000 and maybe that's duplication if a hipix will do the same thing. I only have one hidef tv for now so I really don't need two stb's. What kind of computer hardware requirements are needed? Any info or links will be appreciated. Happy holidays...

·
Registered
345 Posts
NO it won't work.

The HiPix wants an 8VSB signal. That is the over the air signal. Only the old Dish 5000 with the HD modulator puts out that type of signal.

Do some searches in the home theater pc forum here on AVS. You'll get a lot of information.

I have both a Dish 6000 and a 5000 and a HiPix card.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So does the same apply to the Scientific Atlanta 3100HD (Time Warner's HD-box)? And does the Sony HD-200 have the same problem? This is a definite dent in the plans if all I can record is from local OTA stations.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by themarshall
So does the same apply to the Scientific Atlanta 3100HD (Time Warner's HD-box)? And does the Sony HD-200 have the same problem? This is a definite dent in the plans if all I can record is from local OTA stations.
Yes and yes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think the question was does it OUTPUT 8VSB - Ie, for input to a Hipix. And there the answer is no. Only the 5000 with the HD Mod will output an 8VSB signal for input to a Hipix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.