AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 40' VGA cable from my satellite receiver to my projector now and that does not seem to be a problem.

Will a 40' VGA cable from a HTPC to the projector be a problem?

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
As long as you don't try to daisy chain four 10-footers or split VGA signals so you can run both your satellite and HTPC into your PJ, 40 foot with a decent cable should be no problem. Above 100 feet is when you'd need amplifiers and such. Under 50 feet should be fine with good video cards like Matrox, Nvidia, or ATI.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
So were can I get good long vga cables. I've seen some but they were so thin I wonder about the quility.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I use the following 25' cable to my LT150 projector. Excellent results! $65 at buy.com

Pro Series High Integrity VGA/SVGA Monitor Signal Replacement Cable

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...s%2FMonitor%2F

Constructed of 3 coaxial and 5 twisted-pair cables to minimize cross talk, noise, and other interference. 3 coax conductors for the RGB signal to maximize color and imaging.

Designed to support high-resolution imaging and high speed.

Belkin lifetime warranty.

Features:

Molded strain relief and PVC overmolding to ensure a lifetime of error-free data transmission.

Aluminum undermold shield helps meet FCC requirements on EMI/RFI interference.

Oversized ergonomic thumbscrews enable easy installation.

Double shielding to ensure compliance with FCC requirements.

Gold plated copper contacts provide maximum conductivity with no data loss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.