AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a very cheap yamaha receiver, can't recall the product number but cost me $300 a couple of years ago. I really want to get a Denon 4312 but not sure if and/or when it will come out. I've got the bug to spend again and was wondering...... if I got a Denon 3312 do you think I'll notice a difference over my cheap Yami?

Thanks

·
Registered
31,174 Posts
You likely will notice a difference, but not so much due to the physical parts as much as better features: more granular crossover settings can help optimize bass management, better room correction can let you hear less of your room and more of the source, multiple subwoofer support (properly done) can improve the bass AND make it more consistent from seat to seat, newer surround processing can scale to more speakers for greater imaging stability all around you, etc. Look to see what the 4312 does that your current Yamaha doesn't.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabalocker /forum/post/20867874

I own a very cheap yamaha receiver, can't recall the product number but cost me $300 a couple of years ago. I really want to get a Denon 4312 but not sure if and/or when it will come out. I've got the bug to spend again and was wondering...... if I got a Denon 3312 do you think I'll notice a difference over my cheap Yami?

Thanks

If you use the room correction it'll be a no-brainer assuming your speakers are at least mid-fi.

I think Audyssey trumps YPAO and is worth the cost to move as high up their product line as you can for your budget, (regardless of brand).

I think it goes; 2EQ, MultEQ, XT & XT32 or something like that.

Regardless of price, most of the receivers had to really step up their game with the new hi-def codecs so if your yammy can do DTS HD MA and the likes, the room correction will definitely be the biggest difference.

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabalocker /forum/post/20867874

Thanks

There will be no 4312CI, rather the 4313CI w/MSRP close to $3000 will be released in the spring of 2012. The current 4311CI available for 1/2 that uses Audyssey MultEQ XT32 while the 3312CI available for 1/2 the cost of the 4311CI uses MultEQ XT which will still be a huge improvement over your old Yamaha.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
A receiver with a better power supply may sound better. Because a lesser powered receiver may clip on peaks in movies and music. Whether or not this is true depends on a number of variables like how loud, what speakers, and what room. etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.