AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My center speaker is in for repair and as I have been curious about bi wire, bi amp think this an excellent time to try it out.

My question is if i weer to wire one of the front channels to receive bi amp from my main three channel amp and the other front channel to receive regular will this harm the amp at all?

Same question if i were to use the center channel speaker wire to simply bi wire one of the fronts would this be a cause for concern at all to any components?

If not I would be able to compare a non bi wire or bi amp to normal and see if there are any differences noticeable.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2000 /forum/post/18262297

My center speaker is in for repair and as I have been curious about bi wire, bi amp think this an excellent time to try it out.

My question is if i weer to wire one of the front channels to receive bi amp from my main three channel amp and the other front channel to receive regular will this harm the amp at all?

Same question if i were to use the center channel speaker wire to simply bi wire one of the fronts would this be a cause for concern at all to any components?

If not I would be able to compare a non bi wire or bi amp to normal and see if there are any differences noticeable.

This configuration should not be a problem. As long as you are not paralleling the amplifier outputs into the same speaker terminals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts