AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased the Sony VPLHW40ES 3D projector. My issue is I'm unable to get 3D working using my HTPC and KODI however 3D works perfectly on my Xbox one.
Here are my components.
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V373
Video Card: Radeon HD 5670
HTPC running windows 8.1
I've also tried to use 3d with stereoscopic player and VLC media player with zero luck. I'm thinking it's the video card but the ATI website says my video card supports 3D. Any thoughts before I decide to shell out 100 bucks for a new video card?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
How are you sourcing the 3D into the PC, with a bluray disc? Some PC bluray players don't support 3D. If you are trying to use the receiver as a go between your HTPC and the projector, try going directly to the projector. The Radeon 5670 should support stereo, but might need a tweak in the registry to turn on stereo--research that. Stereoscopic player should work--try software pageflipping, quadbuffered selections, 3D Ready DLP TV. Or try PowerDVD14--download a trial.

If all else fails, post this in the HTPC forum or the projector thread for the Sony 40ES. You are more likely to get someone who has done this in those forums.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted the question on the HTPC forum. Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot and see if it works. I'm using mostly MKV's and ISO stored on my hard drives so hopefully I can get this working :)

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I posted the question on the HTPC forum. Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot and see if it works. I'm using mostly MKV's and ISO stored on my hard drives so hopefully I can get this working :)

ISOs won't work unless mounted to a virtual drive so it looks like a bluray with PowerDVD14. I don't think Stereoscopic Player reads bluray either. Some MKVs don't work either with some projectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts